How to Wash Your Face Properly
Cleaning is essential in maintaining beautiful and healthy skin. And since we always want to put our “best face forward”, here are several tips that we compiled on how to properly wash your face. Proper face wash technique can not only leave your skin looking good, but also prevent skin conditions such as acne.
Some Tips for you
- Remove every trace of make-up/ cosmetic on your face. Use cotton ball and moisturizing cream to avoid damaging your skin. Proper removal of makeup will help prevent clogging of your skin pores.
- Use lukewarm water. Avoid using too hot and too cold water that can dry out your skin. This will also open the pores for deeper cleansing.
- Avoid strong or harsh soaps/ cleansers. Strong soaps can dry your skin and strip off natural lipids. Choose soap that are mild if you prefer soap, or you can always choose cleansers that are soap-free, non-comedogenic, and mild like Cataphyll, Burt Bee’s or Neutrogena.
- Massage face by gently rotating upwards your middle ring and pinky fingers. Remember that hard rubbing will actually do more harm than good.
- Rinse face well to remove all residue of soap or cleanser. Residues left behind can actually clog your pores. Facial cleansers can leave an invisible residue behind which can clog your pores. Rinse three times, then rinse again.
- Pat dry with soft, non-abrasive towel. Never ever rub your face. Scrubbing too harshly will only aggravate acne and worsen your skin condition.
- Use an alcohol-free toner on your face. It should make your face feel smooth and refreshed. Astringents and toners with glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids work the best for toning the face. These acids actually can reduce the pore size, and help avoid ingrown hairs. They are aggressive and have quick results. Remember to look for a product that is not photosensitive (sensitive to light).
- Finish off with moisturizer to replenish the natural oils that has been lost. Moisturizing is a must. Again, the product with the least amount of chemical additives is the best. Always use a light moisturizer on your face after cleansing. For an intensive moisture treatment use pure vitamin E, or aloe vera oil. It is available in liquid form, or you can just break open a capsule and apply the oil directly to the skin.
Those are eight simple steps that would help you keep your face clean and beautiful. Start today for a more refreshed and beautiful you.