SECRETS TO HEALTHY SKIN
Our skin is the largest organ in our body, made up of billions of cells, covering roughly two square meters of surface area. Most people consider Healthy Skin as a sign of good health.
It is very easy to attract someone’s attention with radiant, glowing, smooth skin, ultimately making them envious. The truth is nobody can blame us. A beautiful skin is always worthy of attention and praise. It spells great responsibility for the person to take care of his skin that way. And although only very few people can actually have the perfect skin and complexion, we too can do something to bring out the best in our skin.
Simple ways to care for our skin:
- Nourish your skin by eating the proper foods. This means healthy and balanced diet. Healthy and balanced diet promotes our general well being and optimizes our body to function at its best. To have a healthy skin, eat plenty of seed food i.e. fruits that contain seeds, vegetables – organic vegetables are better as it contains additional nutrients
- Drink plenty of water. Most skin care professionals recommend drinking at least six to eight glasses of water per day. The key benefit of drinking water is that it promotes elasticity and suppleness. Also, water is the key ingredient used in eliminating toxins or other wastes from the body. Remember, less waste products in your body, more beautiful skin.
- Exercise regularly. Exercising regularly has many benefits, including; improved blood circulation, healthy weight, more energy and more importantly your skin is nourished with many required nutrients. Exercise also triggers the body to produce more sebum that is the body’s natural moisturizer.
- Be smoke and alcohol- free. Smoking tends to destroy the Vitamin C in your body, damage the elastic tissues that keep skin tight. Drinking liquor on the other hand tends to expand your blood vessels causing red spots and itchiness on your skin.
- Cleanse it. Cleaning plays an important part in the overall wellness of your skin. Experts agree that we should gently clean our skin; tone it; moisturize it; and exfoliate it. Cleansing will help eliminate dirt and bacteria which lead to clogged pours, which are a major cause of Acne.
- Protect your skin. Harsh elements can severely damage your skin and can lead to irritation and infection. Wear sunscreen with at least SPF 15 every time you are out and about in the sun. For outdoor activity, use SPF 45 because you’ll be sweating, which dilutes the sunscreen. For those who are very fair, who have red hair, blue eyes and freckles; add a total block that contains titanium or zinc.
- Rest. Get plenty of rest. You are giving your skin a time to rejuvenate and heal while you rest. Stress is extremely bad for your skin and body. It indirectly creates instability in your hormonal system, which in turn leads to more skin problems like breakouts and acne. Not to mention, people tend to tired and grumpy.